Thursday, January 24, 2013

My iBookstore Adventures

... have been at once exhilarating and head-banging. One the one hand, the iBook Author App is magnificent; on the other hand, the iTunes Connect delivery process has been unnecessarily labyrinthicallylabythincalesquelylabythical (yes I made the word up but it's exactly what I mean) and sometimes just downright bewildering. But I have persisted. To make a novel-length story into a blog post,  so far:

The latest in the iBookstore
Podcasting for Writers & Other Creative Entrepreneurs
(also in Kindle)

Los Visitantes: una visita a Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, Mexico
(soon in Kindle)

The Building of Quality (the novelesque short story from the Kenyon Review)
(also in Kindle)

From Mexico to Miramar or, Across the Lake of Oblivion
Award-winning travel essay about a visit to the Emperor of Mexico's Italian castle
Originally published in The Massachusetts Review
(also in Kindle)

And yes, I had some help: from Rubén Pacheco, my outstanding "computer coach / IT guy."


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

iBook editions coming soon:

Miraculous Air: Journey of a Thousand Miles through Baja California, the Other Mexico
(now in Kindle)

El último principe del Imperio Mexicano
(now in Kindle)

Sky Over El Nido
(paperback only at present; Kindle soon)

Spiritist Manual, the Secret Book of 1911 by Francisco I. Madero,
Translated and Introduced by C.M. Mayo
(now in Kindle, more editions soon)

My Recollections of Maximilian by Marie de la Fere
Edited and introduced by C.M. Mayo
(now in PDF, free)


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now, for reasons only known to the innermost iTunes / Apple bots, my novel, The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire (Unbridled Books) is in fact available on the iBookstore, however, it doesn't show up with my other iBooks as being "by the same author."

Kindle, it ain't. Though I really do love the iBooks Author app.


>>Comments? Please feel free to email me.