Friday, February 01, 2013

Ingo Swann, Bon Voyage

>>READ THIS POST ON THE NEW PLATFORM WWW.MADAM-MAYO.COM

This morning Ingo Swann passed away after a long illness. I never met Ingo Swann but knew many people who had and I probably crossed paths with him in the early 70s without realizing it in Palo Alto, where I went to high school and where my grandfather, chemist Frank R. Mayo, was at Stanford Research Institute when Ingo was there formulating the protocols for controlled remote viewing. Ingo's books-- already highly prized collector's items-- are genuine head-shakers. I think it would difficult for the average educated person to take them seriously, for they're written in a confoundingly baroque style and filled with such fantastic stories and assertions, they seem to orbit a galaxy of their own. And yet, over a period of several years in the past decade, in five of Lyn Buchanan's workshops, I learned the protocols for CRV, most of which, though later modified, were originally developed by Ingo Swann. I have two words for them: breathtaking genius. And though CRV has its practical applications, for me the value of it isn't so much about being able to retrieve information in whatever time and space, it's opening windows and doors and cubbyholes into one's own mind, into exploring consciousness itself. We are, we human beings, so much more than we appear in the material world, so vastly more than mainstream Western culture yet recognizes, and Ingo Swann, eccentric as he may have been, was a consciousness pioneer in the grandest, most courageous tradition.

COMMENTS