Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Top 13 Crunchies of 2014

(Yes, it was hot)
Rock Art in Meyers Springs,
Lower Pecos Canyonlands,
Far West Texas
I generally get the most readers for my "cyberflanerie" posts and I'll admit, those are the most fun to write-- they're just lists of  my finds. Herewith, for your surfing adventures, the crunchiest of my other posts for this blog in 2014:




4. The Secret Ingredient in My Writing Process




Easy said, rarely done





>>Your COMMENTS are always welcome.


Besides blogging, what else was I up to? I brought out the new book in both English (Metaphysical Odyssey into the Mexican Revolution) and Spanish (Odisea metafísica hacia la Revolución Mexicana), survived the Texas Book Festival, plus posted 3 "Marfa Mondays" podcasts. Marfa Mondays podcast #16, an interview with photographer Paul Chaplo, author of the stunning Marfa Flights, will be available for download in the next few days. 

One big change in 2014 was that I only gave one workshop, a one day on Literary Travel Writing at the Writer's Center. Looks like I'll be giving another one in April 2015. (Schedule here.) 

Oh, and thanks to some input from two hour consult via Skype with writers' guru Jane Friedman, I reorganized and redesigned my webpage, adding new subpages "For Readers & Explorers," "For Mexicophiles" and "For Creative Writers." 

For updates, plus podcasts and more, I invite you to subscribe to my free newsletter. It's automatic opt-in / opt-out, your privacy assured by the to-tal-leeeeee-ee-ee bodacious mailchimp.com