Monday, January 11, 2016

Meanwhile, Over at My Other Blog, Maximilian~Carlota

I am still (whew) working on the next podcast, the 21st of a projected 24, for the Marfa Mondays Podcasting Project, which is apropos of my book in-progress on Far West Texas. (And by the way, as of today, when I finally posted the first one, all the transcripts are now available on-line.) It looks like podcast 21 will be a long one. In the meantime, I invite you-- most especially if you happen to be a Mexican history aficionado--to visit my other blog, Maximilian~Carlota, where I post about the research behind my novel, The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire-- plus tidbits ex-post.





I don't post as frequently there as I do here at "Madam Mayo," but I've been at it for a few years now so researchers of Mexico's Second Empire and the French Intervention will find heaps of both useful and exotically crunchy items in the archives. Herewith a list of the top crunchiest posts to date:

A Conversation with M.M. McAllen about her book, Maximilian and Carlota















P.S. You can also download the curious little gem My Recollections of Maximilian by "Marie de la Fere," edited and introduced by Yours Truly.