Monday, July 29, 2013

Cyberflanerie: Timothy McSweeney, Seth Godin, Paul Nicklen, You Are Not So Smart, Skillshare, Moon Calendar, Fox Sisters

Light blogging here because I am still (OMG) working out the revisions on my introduction to Francisco I. Madero's book of 1911... I've got some 150 pages so far...and and a result, have fallen woefully behind on the Marfa Mondays podcasts... but I will be catching up soon. The revisions are almost finished. Stay tuned for a batch of Marfa Mondays podcasts in August and September...

Pictured right: The Fox sisters, who star in the opening of my revised intro. Yes, they did have something to do with the Mexican Revolution. If indirectly.

The Fox Sisters
Meanwhile:

Free online moon calendar (recommended for historians and historical novelists)

Timothy McSweeney's update on tweetspeak & etc

Seth Godin on the Art of Noticing, and Then Creating

Paul Nicklen: Tales of Ice-Bound Wonderlands (TED video)

You are not so smart: Survivorship Bias
(OK, so no need to ask J.K. Rowling how she did it?)

Oyyy, will I ever teach again in person? Skillshare
(Re robots and bots)

>Comments?