Thursday, October 16, 2014

Writers Tool: StandStand the Portable Standing Desk

Hat tip to Swiss Miss: I am so psyched to learn about this Kickstarter project, the StandStand portable standing desk, because it looks like exactly what I need-- but at a fraction of the cost offered elsewhere. Plus, it's portable. I ordered the bamboo model, and fingers crossed, I'll be able to start using it in December.

The thing is, as a writer, I spent way too much time sitting down. Specifically, I'd like the option of being able to do email while standing (and maybe even hopping around some). Yes, I could balance the laptop on a cardboard box or a stack of books, but that's bulky, awkward, and definitely not easily portable.


+ + + + + + + +

SURF ON

+  My Uncool "Cool Tool": Grandma's Recipe Box for Internet Password Management
+ Why I am a Mega Fan of the Filofax
+ Guest-blogger Regina Leeds on 5 + 1 resources to Make  Writer Happy in an Organized Space
+ On Decluttering Your Writing
+ FOR CREATIVE WRITERS page over at www.cmmayo.com